When it comes to our kids, we want the best for them in terms of education. We as parents tend to do a lot of leg work, research, and talking to other parents just like us to make sure they are getting everything they can out of school. For me personally, I am choosing to homeschool my children, but you may choose to send them to a public, private, charter, or montessori school. This is completely up to you and your style of parenting, values, and what you want for your children. Picking a school that is right for them and their learning style is already hard enough, but when it comes to public knowledge and what is fact and fiction, do we really know what quality of learning they will receive?
Let’s clear up some of the myths and facts right now!!
18 Myths of Education
(as listed above)
- More homework means more learning
- More money means better schools
- Social problems like poverty or bad parenting mean education is doomed to fail
- Test scores are related to economic competitiveness
- Schools alone can close the gap
- Private and charter schools are educating kids better
- Teachers have little to no knowledge about what they are teaching
- Teacher-proof teaching aids will provide necessary learning
- Our teachers work less, get paid more
- Unions defend bad teachers
- Student achievement has been deteriorating for decades
- Teachers are solely responsible for learning
- The disadvantaged don’t have the same capacity to learn
- Schools do not matter
- Small classes produce big improvements
- Teacher preparation matters little for student achievement
- Most teachers do not care
- Credentials and experience don’t matter
Do you agree or disagree? I am very interested to read your comments on this topic!! Also, be sure to share this post with your friends to get their take on it as well!! 🙂
I grew up in the country. Born and raised in NC. I am a mother to 2 amazing kids, wife to an awesome husband, and all around happy person who loves my babies, being a wife, shopping, and being a homeschooler!
I am curious about all things pertaining to parenting, and everyday becomes a brand new learning adventure for me and my family.
I hope to share my experiences, give advice, and help others to be as successful as possible!
Latest posts by Moma Clemons (see all)
- The Great Myrtle Beach Condo Giveaway! - June 17, 2019
- Start a Magical Christmas Family Tradition That Your Child Will Cherish Forever! - November 12, 2018
- Can we trust our educational system? - August 1, 2017