Every family needs a break from all the TV screens, computers, phones, tablets, etc. Well, why not have a Family Game Night? Enjoy old fashioned family fun with Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly, and more! While you are at it, why not make some family friendly, fun snacks?
Before the Games, Why not make a SNACK!
Annie’s Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
“Easy to make, tasty fruit salsa and cinnamon tortilla chips. Great as an appetizer or a snack. Great for anytime!”
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 Golden Delicious apples – peeled, cored and diced
- 8 ounces raspberries
- 1 pound strawberries
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges.
- Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.
This recipe was brought to you by: Ann Page listed on AllRecipes.com
You can view the full post HERE
After getting your snacks ready, it wouldn’t be game night without what? GAMES, OF COURSE!! Some of our favorite games include many of the classics such as Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, and Scrabble, but we also love many of the new ones, too, like Head Bandz, and The Logo Board Game!
This week, we some new amazing ideas for you to add to your own stockpile of games right here:
A Fantastic Game for the WHOLE Family!
With cards for kids and adults, the whole family can get a kick out of this fun-filled Family Edition of Trivial Pursuit! Family members of all ages can test their smarts with question after question in 6 categories. The game’s fresh questions and faster pace make for quick-play trivia, and with 1,200 questions (600 for adults, 600 for kids) you’ll never run out of the learning, laughing fun in Trivial Pursuit Family Edition!
What’s in the Box
Includes gameboard, 100 blue cards for adults, 100 yellow cards for kids, 2 cardholders, 6 scoring tokens, 36 scoring wedges, die and instructions
Take family game night to the next level. Beat The Parents brings kids and parents together for a head-to-head fun-filled family trivia game. Adults answer questions about kids’ stuff, and the kids answer questions their parents should really know. Be careful of landing on wild cards, they can send you flying forward or a long ways back. The first team to get both mover pieces across the board wins. Make family game night one you and your kids will never forget with Beat The Parents.
What’s in the Box:
Includes 101 question cards, 32 Parent Wild Cards , 32 Kid Wild Cards , 4 Mover Pieces, 1 Game Board, 1 Player Guide
No matter what games or snack you choose, enjoy this time with your family! Be sure to set aside time each week, whether it’s on Friday, or any other day your family has free, and do something together!! Make it memorable, laugh, smile, and have FUN!
I grew up in the country. Born and raised in NC. I am a mother to 2 amazing kids, wife to an awesome husband, and all around happy person who loves my babies, being a wife, shopping, and being a homeschooler!
I am curious about all things pertaining to parenting, and everyday becomes a brand new learning adventure for me and my family.
I hope to share my experiences, give advice, and help others to be as successful as possible!
Latest posts by Moma Clemons (see all)
- Start a Magical Christmas Family Tradition That Your Child Will Cherish Forever! - November 12, 2018
- Can we trust our educational system? - August 1, 2017
- Who doesn’t love a Freshly Picked Giveaway?! - June 18, 2017