What are your plans for Friday night? Well, here in our home, we will be doing dinner and a movie! Since many of my readers are parents, I wanted to share what we will be cooking and watching so that you can join in with us!! Whether it is a Family night or a Date night, we have 2 awesome movies, and a meal everyone will like.
For Dinner this Valentine’s Weekend
Coriander-Crusted Pork Chops with Sautéed Apples and Caramelized Onions
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ c. vegetable oil
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh-ground pepper
- 2 Rome apples
- 2 tbsp. coriander seed
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 4 boneless pork chops
- Caramelize the onions: Melt 1 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are soft and translucent and continue cooking until onions are browned.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and set aside.
- Sauté the apples: Melt the remaining butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the apples and cook until lightly browned on one side.
- Turn the wedges over and continue to cook until browned. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Cook the pork chops: Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine the coriander, cumin, mustard, honey, and remaining salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spread the spice mixture over the pork chops and place them in the hot pan.
- Sear pork chops for 2 minutes on each side and transfer to oven.
- Continue to cook in the oven until done–5 to 7 more minutes.
- Serve with Sautéed Apples and Caramelized Onions.
Recipe Courtesy of CountryLiving.com
I grew up in the country. Born and raised in NC. I am a mother to 2 amazing kids, wife to an awesome husband, and all around happy person who loves life!
I am curious about all things pertaining to parenting, and everyday becomes a brand new learning adventure for me and my family.
I love being able to share my experiences, give advice, and help others to be as successful as possible!
Latest posts by Dora Clemons (see all)
- Start a Magical Christmas Family Tradition That Your Child Will Cherish Forever! - November 12, 2018
- Can we trust our educational system? - August 1, 2017
- Who doesn’t love a Freshly Picked Giveaway?! - June 18, 2017