Do you love celebrating Fall and Halloween?? We do, and that’s why we love this easy-made idea by Brandy at GlueSticksBlog.com
For more amazing How-To’s and holiday ideas, be sure to stop by her page and check out all of her very neat, kid-friendly ideas!!
Add a bit of Halloween pizzazz to a plain white shirt using craft paint and a pencil eraser with this 4-step Halloween craft! You can actually follow these steps anytime of the year using any design of your choice.
Wouldn’t a heart be cute with red, pink, and white for Valentine’s Day? How about a shamrock with different shades of green for St. Patrick’s Day? This simple craft is a great classroom project too!
- Freezer Paper
- Acrylic Craft Paint
- Pencil with Eraser
- Fabric Puffy Paint, optional
1. Trace your design on a piece of freezer paper and cut it out. (Freezer paper is perfect for making your own stencils. I’ve been using it for years for making fun shirts for the kids. One side is matte finish and the other side is shiny. When you place the shiny side down and iron from the matte side, it will stick to the surface! It peels away easily and leaves nice clean paint edges.) You can use any shape you’d like or you can follow my pumpkin template.
2. Iron the stencil onto your shirt. Place a small cutting board or piece of cardboard inside the shirt to prevent the paint from soaking through.
3. Add a small amount of different shades of orange and yellow paint into a bowl. Dip the eraser end of a pencil into the paint and pass it over to the kids and let them start stamping!
4. Soon the stencil will be filled and look very colorful! Let dry for about 10 minutes before removing the freezer paper. Let dry completely.
If you’d like to add a little embellishment you can do so with some puffy paint and let dry. Remember to wash inside out the first time in a normal cycle and tumble dry. Acrylic craft paint is permanent so it is great for these kinds of projects.
Optional: For a softer feel, add a bit of fabric medium to your paint. This will help it soak into the shirt instead of just sitting on top.
About the Author of this post:
Brandy is a California girl married to an Alaskan boy. They’ve lived all over the country, moving where the Coast Guard sends them, and are parents to 4 children (and a black lab puppy). Brandy has been surrounded by creative influences her entire life. Her biggest mentors being her mother and grandmother. When she grew up and started to have a family of her own, her desire to create blossomed as she turned each new house into a home. Her blog, gluesticksblog.com, is a collection of some of her favorite kids activities, projects, recipes, and craft tutorials.
*This blog post was made possible by LittlePassports.com
Posted in Behind the Scenes, The Buzz
I grew up in the country. Born and raised in NC. I am a mother to 2 amazing kids, wife to an awesome husband, and all around happy person who loves life!
I am curious about all things pertaining to parenting, and everyday becomes a brand new learning adventure for me and my family.
I love being able to share my experiences, give advice, and help others to be as successful as possible!
Latest posts by Dora Clemons (see all)
- Start a Magical Christmas Family Tradition That Your Child Will Cherish Forever! - November 12, 2018
- Can we trust our educational system? - August 1, 2017
- Who doesn’t love a Freshly Picked Giveaway?! - June 18, 2017