Oatmeal Raisin Cookies-
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 3 cup Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup raisins
Heat oven to 350°F.
In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
Add oats and raisins; mix well.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
Store tightly covered.
Bar Cookies: Press dough onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered. 24 BARS.
Stir in 1 cup chopped nuts.
Substitute 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or candy-coated chocolate pieces for raisins; omit cinnamon.
Substitute 1 cup diced dried mixed fruit.
HIGH ALTITUDE ADJUSTMENT- Increase flour to 1-3/4 cups and bake as directed.
I grew up in the country. Born and raised in NC. I am a mother to 2 amazing kids, wife to an awesome husband, and all around happy person who loves my babies, being a wife, shopping, and being a homeschooler!
I am curious about all things pertaining to parenting, and everyday becomes a brand new learning adventure for me and my family.
I hope to share my experiences, give advice, and help others to be as successful as possible!
Latest posts by Moma Clemons (see all)
- Start a Magical Christmas Family Tradition That Your Child Will Cherish Forever! - November 12, 2018
- Can we trust our educational system? - August 1, 2017
- Who doesn’t love a Freshly Picked Giveaway?! - June 18, 2017